Sunday, April 13, 2008

Funny Sunday

Today I discussed with my parent and everything went to a conclusion... whereby everything is agreed with a condition... Nice... like a business dealing... then go to buy it at IOI.. but sadly none of the item there except my MDR-NX85 is there.... haha... after that, didnt buy it since my parent havent decide.... so go to selesa to eat...


On the way, is where I got the green light with condition... so, call my sister to get all those item for me.... then go home that time, visit my grandma but she's not there... because they went out... so went home.. read some PDSM and OSE.... then nap... do daily stuff online and get some stuff from vince and here I am...


Here I would like to share something funny with you.... the origin of darling.... is:

For a word with so many uses, "darling" turns out to have a remarkably simple origin. "Darling" is simply derived from the Old English word "deor" or "deore," meaning "beloved or dear." (As you must suspect by now, that same "deor" also gave us our modern word "dear.") The "ling" ending in this case means "one who is," so "deorling" and today's "darling" simply mean "one who is dear."


But my friend... changed it and make it like this (thanks to JT):

on the other hand, "darling" in chinese version have a greater origin. "darling" is simply derived from the cantonese word "dai lin" meaning xxx xxxxx. since it sounds kinda rude, so ppl decided to use "dar lin", same meaning but in mandarin. they then changed to "darling" which sounds and looks nicer and simple.


Haha... well i guess that is it... haha... cyax ;)


Krane

No comments: